User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: Games: Inferno released on the iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad

Inferno released on the iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Alex Macfarlane Smith Message #120389, posted by aardvark at 07:34, 15/5/2012, in reply to message #120356

all the graphics/levels/sounds are from the original
I found this article on an indie games site, which suggests multiple difficulty levels. I don't recall the original having that.
Link: http://www.indiegamemag.com/gushing-aqualibrium-trailer/

Does this mean there will be an 'easy' mode, alongside the original single difficulty - or will there be a new 'hard' mode?
A new 'easy' mode smile Basically you get more time to complete the level, and the guns/aliens are less vicious. Hard is pretty much identical to the original.

A proper Cataclysm sequel would be nice - something that exploits the widescreen aspect ratio and vastly increaded processor power. More levels - and user-submitted content support would be great, as I thought the original 40 levels were both too few and too easy.
Yeah, I have a few vague ideas for a sequel so I might do that smile My vague plan at the moment is to finish the Xbox version, then release it on Windows, then 'probably' do a level designer/online sharing thing for Windows (with the license giving me permission to use people's levels), and then periodically roll out Xbox versions with a selection of user levels - basically online sharing is rubbish in XBLIG, so I don't think it's sensible to do level sharing for that. Then after that I might think about a sequel smile

David Postlethwaite's music is excellent, and I was rather happy to hear the original game's menu music.

Unfortunately I don't have an Xbox, but hopefully this Cataclysm port might appear on other platforms at some point.
Yeah, Windows will be in the pipeline. I'm also considering doing a Playstation Vita port.

Suggestion: Do a port or update of Inertia! Also one of my favourites - and also by David Postlethwaite. There are a few isometric/marble madness-style games for various platforms, and they do tend to go down well with retro fans.
I'd pondered that, but I'm not sure - I was considering that the 'marble' would always stay centred and the game would move around the marble (rather than the 'scroll every so often' that the original did), but I'm not sure whether that would work well or not. There's a few other Acorn games I'm thinking of porting, but I haven't found/got permission from the original authors yet.

To be fair, mine was on cellular automata, so I had justification for the inclusion of Cataclysm.
Did you manage to work out what the droplet algorithm was? smile

Alex.

[Edited by aardvark at 08:36, 15/5/2012]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

antom Message #120431, posted by antom at 22:28, 18/5/2012, in reply to message #120389
I'd second an update of Inertia - brilliant game. I attempted a start on a version of it in Flash quite a few years back now. It looked quite nice from where I got up to, although admittedly it was just creating vector versions of the pixel graphics & arranging them like one of the levels!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Alex Macfarlane Smith Message #120652, posted by aardvark at 13:25, 20/6/2012, in reply to message #120389
Aqualibrium's out now for the Xbox if anyone was interested - http://bit.ly/aqua360 smile
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (2): |< < 2

The Icon Bar: Games: Inferno released on the iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad